The Benefits of Sprouting – About Sprouting Seeds & Beans
Sprouts such as Alfalfa, Broccoli and Mung bean are the very best way to get the highest nutritional value from food. By watering and “awakening” these seeds, we are actually eating all of the live potential energy bursting from the sprout at their prime nutritional value stage.
Alfalfa, Broccoli and Mungbean sprouts can contain absorbable protein, calcium, potassium, sodium, iron, amino acids , folic acid, fibre and chlorophyll as well as vitamins such as A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 C, D , E and K. Another benefit to growing your own sprouts is the cost efficiency. Seeds and beans are inexpensive and an excellent way to ensure you and your family get your daily source of vitamins, minerals and nutrition.
As well as being an economical food, sprouts are called super foods due to their excellent nutritional value. Sprouting your own seeds and beans is so simple and yields such savings and excellent health benefits.
How to sprout our seeds
1. Soak seeds overnight in our Biosnacky sprouting jar with water.
2. The following day, drain water and rinse with fresh water once or twice.
3. Place in a sprouting jar upside down to allow excess water to drain. Do not place in direct sunlight.
4. Every day rinse with fresh water, to keep the sprouts moist and clean of mould.
5. Ensure the sprouts never dry up, and repeat process typically for 3 to 4 days until your desired length or age of sprout.
6. Rinse out with fresh water and serve in salads, wraps, juices, breads/crackers, or just eat as a snack.