Benefits of Alfalfa Sprouts
There are many benefits of alfalfa sprouts, here are out top 5 reasons to eat them as part of a healthy diet.
1. Alfalfa is the only plant to contain the full range of vitamins A, B, B12, C, E, K and a host of other nutrients including calcium, folic acid, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, phosphorus, potassium, silicon, sodium, zinc.
2. Contain saponins, which reduce the bad cholesterol (LDL) but not the good HDL cholesterol.
3. Contain phytoestrogens, hormone like substances of plant origin. These can help increase bone density for people suffering from degenerative bone conditions and can also help control symptoms of menopause and PMS.
4. Alfalfa also boosts the immune system by increasing the body’s production of T-lymphcytes and interferon.
5. A great food to fill up on as part of a weight loss diet. Alfalfa sprouts contain only 8 calories per serving and are low in calories, sugar, and saturated fat. Also, being rich in fibre and protein, they can give a sensation of “fullness” to people who may otherwise overeat.