Benefits of Radish Sprouts
There are many health benefits of radish sprouts. Here are our top 8 reasons why you should be eating them daily as part of a healthy diet.
1. A spicy way to add flavour to salads and sandwiches.
2. A rich source of vitamins A, B, C, E and K, and contain chlorophyll and all essential amino acids.
3. Weight loss – radish sprouts provide a sense of fullness after eating, helping you eat less without compromising on nutrition. Radish sprout enzymes break down the starch in foods, which increases the absorption of nutrients.
4. Cancer fighting – radish sprouts contain lignin which can enhance the activity of macrophages (cells that attack foreign invaders of the body).
5. Boost immune function – radish sprouts are an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps enhance resistance to disease.
6. Liver and gallbladder function – acts as a detoxifier, it can regulate production and flow of bile and bilirubin, and remove excess bilirubin from the blood. This can help sufferers of jaundice.
7. Relief of constipation and piles – radish sprouts are rich in roughage (indigestible carbohydrates). This aids healthy digestion, retains water and alleviates constipation, the main cause of piles.
8. Women’s health – contain plant estrogens, similar to the human hormone estrogen, which can relieve symptoms of PMS, menopause, hot flushes and fibrocystic disease.