Studies have shown that there is a link between diet and disease. It is also known that a key factor to good health and for your body is a balanced diet and to digest the nutrients found in fruits and vegetables. Juicing fruits and vegetables allow these nutrients to go straight to work for you because the nutrition enters the bloodstream within minutes after being consumed.
At Greenvalu we believe the benefits of juicing will provide a valuable nutritional supplement to your diet that will lead to a happier and healthier lifestyle.
Within a short period of time if you juice daily, you may notice a great improvement in your energy levels and sense of all round well-being. The reason for this is because you get more nutrients by consuming the juice of fruits and vegetables than by eating them. Fresh fruit and vegetable juice contains essential vitamins, enzymes and minerals which can sustain a high quality of life in a healthy body. The use of juicers and juicing liquid nutrition from vegetables and fruits is still relatively new to most people’s diets. We hope you enjoy juicing and the benefits that come with it.
The juicing recipes below are great, simple and easy. We encourage you to use them and experiment with different combinations of juices on your own.
Preparation for Juicing – The Power of Juicing
1. Wash all produce before juicing. Try to use organic produce where possible.
2. Leafy greens, wheat grass and sprouts should be bunched up and pushed through your juicer with the plunger.
3. All organic fruits such as lemons, limes, apples, pears, etc can be juiced with the skin or rind.
4. Always check your produce before juicing. Ensure it is fresh and trim away any discoloured or bruised sections.
5. Drink juice right after you make them so that you keep nutrient loss at a minimum.